Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa! Today a 3rd grader named Jack brought me a birthday cookie. I've always told him he has the same birthday as my grandfather who was born in 1882. Every year we figure out how many years ago he was born. Well, I never knew he was born the same year as FDR. This isn't a family photo of ours,but it is like some we have. My grandpa wasn't famous, but he was famous to me. Every week we visited and he would say "oh ,too bad, you missed the pony...he just went out for new shoes." I always believed there was really a pony. And his famous " got your nose trick "which made me think my nose actually fell off each time. He loved donuts, cookies, ham sandwiches, and a cold beer. He liked baseball, a good joke, and woodworking. James...wear his name proudly ..that's where your name came from....He gave it to his son,my Dad, and your parents passed it down to you. Here's to you Grandpa!!! xo


2 comments:

Katy Shamitz said...

happy birthday, great grandpa!

Bahston Beans said...

Happy Birthday to Great Grandpapa James the First! I had no idea. Now I have a hereditary excuse for my love of donuts!