Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A business call

Today James wanted to call me.This is rare. He is very serious and very literal on the phone. You ask about the weather and he answers "cold, a little windy, and a little rainy." I ask how he is.The answer "I am good. " I say we'll see you for Halloween. He tells me "I am am going to be a bat." .... the straight facts....no fooling around. I said "What's new?" He was silent,then said "my helicopter book" .He then left me hanging while he went to get the musical book which he played for me over the phone. No talking,just song after song after song. I wondered if Amy knew he had called.I asked "is Mom there?"..the answer "yes". Finally she came on and said he wanted to call, but she forgot once Jared came home. I ended with "I love you James and heard in return, a serious and emphatic "I love you,too!" Thanks for the call James. You made my day!!

2 comments:

Bahston Beans said...

Wow. That is strictly business. Maybe he should work the phones for Jared?

Heather said...

O is convinced that my mom can see through the phone so she's always trying to show her stuff.