Monday, October 5, 2009

How would I explain?

my purse full of "It's a girl" candy at the grocery store. It looked like I opened a package of candy and was eating it throughout the store.

Well, there's this nice sample lady who could serve me ____ on a Wheat Thin and I'd be all "mmmmmmm,that's great" about it.
Yesterday she was giving yummy chip samples and also had some baby boy and girl candy in bowls on the table. I said "oh how cute, my daughter is having a girl soon. May I take a couple?"
She answered "take as many as you want."
So I take 4.
She says"No,I mean it. Take more than that. You think this place will ever give anything for free. Here!!"
She then walks over and dumps the entire bowl of candy into my purse!! She also insisted that I take some "It's a boy" candies since as she put it"sometimes they're wrong ya know!"
Now we're both laughing and people are looking. You can be sure I had that purse zipped up tight when I went through the checkout. Next time I'll bring a bigger purse!

3 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Awesome!

Amy said...

I wish someone would dump an ass-load of chocolate into my purse!!!

Grandma said...

They were mints, Amy. But now I think I need to do that to your purse w/ chocolate:)