Monday, January 5, 2009

Gift Card Challenge


This one's for you, Cheryl. You gave me the challenge of seeing how well I would do with my gift card. This is an online photo of the Charter Club comforter orig. price 270.yes 270. It comes w/ pillow shams and bedskirt. If I paid the full amount, I would expect furniture,too! Well,the sale price was 79.99 minus 50% off . Rang up as 39.99, had a $15. coupon off $50. purchase so I bought 2 towels with the orig. price of 18.each. They came to $10. for 2 when the coupon was factored in. My total was 39.87. 11.01 back which I used towards some boots w/ a orig. price of 59. on sale for 34.99 15% addit. discount made those 29.74. Used my 11.01 from the gift card and only had to pay 18.73 for them. Thanks Cheryl!!!! How was that?!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

No one can match you, Mom!

Bahston Beans said...

Whoa.

Katy Shamitz said...

work it, mom!!!

Heather said...

lol at, "If I paid the full amount, I would expect furniture,too!" : )

MarionR said...

Ah, Kit, a woman after my own heart!

MarionR said...

PS: OK, so I'm still trying to figure out the towels pricing. Was there another 50% off or somesuch in there prior to the $15 off $50 purchase?

Grandma said...

Hi Marion!!!:))) Yes the towels were also 1/2 price! I should have had you with me...you could do instant calculations!