Tuesday, January 13, 2009

People in mirror....



are stronger than they appear. Way back in September, in a moment of "Why not?", I signed up for an exercise class. As it turned out,it was already full so my name was put on the list for the winter session. Well, I almost forgot about it. I saw some ladies waiting in their winter coats,they looked like the type that would move their carts at slow speed at Stop and Shop. Turns out that this is the class of regulars who sign up time after time again. More like the lady in purple ,but disguised in a t-shirt and stretch pants. There's Jan, who was lifting and leg-pressing so much that I had to move the pin way up to the "wimpy" setting after her turn. Sam, who when told to rest, kept going shouting out "If I stop, I won't start up again." Everyone was very nice,saying things like"you'll catch on." The teacher,who reminded me of Jack Lalane...well he keeps a chalkboard going and rotates the names and shouts out your next station. Boy, do you have to pay attention. Flashbacks to Jazzercise I'd go to over 25 yrs. ago..I'd make up my own routine. As I left, I told "Jack" I needed to babysit on Thursday and wouldn't be there for the 2nd class...didn't want him to think I quit so soon. What have I gotten myself into?!!! But if you need any furniture moved or your car lifted off the ground,I know some people you can call!!

5 comments:

Katy Shamitz said...

don't let our little older friends scare you off!

Bahston Beans said...

Time to make some protein shakes!

Grandma said...

w/ steroids mixed in, Kel! I need that purple outfit!

Amy said...

I would like to be a fly on the wall!

Patti said...

Makes you miss the good ol' days at Curves huh?!