Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've been thinking about these and had to look them up....

Kelly,take a bathroom break, then read on........
Well,yup, we actually owned them back in the 70's.
Kel, not sure your mom will remember or admit to these being in our house!
BUT I think your grandfather actually ordered them...which we all laughed about!!!! :)
I don't think he ever wore them, I do remember him cracking up when I put them on! Of course I had to try them. You pumped them up w/ this little pump, so that you'd be all hot,uncomfortable, and sweaty when you were exercising.
What kind of exercising could you do wearing these?! You'd be arrested if you went outside. I do remember doing jumping jacks w/ them on and I do remember trying to peel them off after because the sweating part was true!!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bahston Beans said...

What? Wha? How? Why? Oh my goodness. I don't know where to begin. I'm reassessing everything I know about our family. I never had Grandpa figured as a "as seen on tv" kind of guy.

P.S. Wiping my Diet Rally Cola off my computer monitor. Must regain normal breathing and heart rate.

Grandma said...

it is not...we had the gold lame(as in lam-ay" not lame-o ones)